Thursday, September 24, 2026

Q Toon: The Truth Will Out




Since I was going to be crunched in the middle seat of a Southwest airplane this past week when I would usually be at my drawing board, I had to draw this week's cartoon several days earlier. 

Happily, National Coming Out Day is next month, and I already had a recurring character who is not out to his mother. (At least, that was clearly implied when she came to visit last January.) 

But I have also established that Max's mom works at the John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts, in some capacity where she personally interacted with Richard Grenell, so she can't be completely oblivious to gay men. Max and Leo have probably been co-habitating for at least five years now in spite of their political differences; she ought to have some inkling that there must be some reason that neither one has kicked out the other.

The two of them own a dog together, for cryin' out loud.

On the other hand, perhaps Mom thinks National Coming Out Day is all about encouraging outdoor activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment