Monday, July 19, 2021

This Week's Sneak Peek


My dad keeps joining and quitting these wine-of-the-month clubs that send him an entire case of wine every four weeks. The wines come with cards describing of the wine, the vineyard's history, and pairing suggestions.

My better half and I were over to Dad's for dinner yesterday, and Dad had selected a merlot from the Pays d'Oc region. I'd describe it as richer than a lot of merlots that you'll find out there; but as you may know, Wine People describe wine a bit more precisely than that. The card accompanying this merlot described its taste and aroma as incorporating black cherry, baking spices, truffles, pie crust, and riparian fauna.

Okay, I'll grant that maybe there was a bouquet reminiscent of cherry pie. If you say so.

But saying it smells like a wet beaver isn't going to be much of a selling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment