Monday, September 2, 2024

This Week's Sneak Peek

This panel may look familiar if you've been following my humble blog for at least the summer. Maybe not if you were among the sudden spike of visitors looking at last week's Harley-Davidson cartoon.

Since the publications currently running my cartoons publish either bi-weekly or monthly, it's not easy for me to maintain running characters. Most of my past characters have gone by the wayside: Democratic Congressman Luke Warmish got tossed out of office in the Gingrich Wave of 1994; his Republican counterpart Charles Snollygoster IV probably got primaried by a Tea Bagger in the 2010's. Podcasters Buzz and Killer didn't last, only partly because I didn't like how much Buzz resembled a gay gym rat version of Zippy the Pinhead. (Besides, there was less and less for him to be cheerful about during the Corrupt Donald Berzelius Trump administration.)

I've been thinking that Million Moms Cat Lady ought to make a reappearance. She ought to be a fan of Hillbilly Vanilli Vance, though, and I haven't decided what she makes of him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment