Monday, April 15, 2024

This Week's Sneak Peek

Some 15 of you got a sneak peek at Saturday's Graphical History Tour when I inadvertently published it Thursday night while shutting my computer down. 

It was a mistake I realized only as I was leaving the room. I couldn't turn right around and unpublish the unfinished post, because I had given the computer permission to install one of those Microsoft updates as it shut down; and I discovered that I couldn't unpublish the post on my phone.

It was late, and I was tired, so I decided to take care of things in the morning. By then, the post had garnered 15 views, which is a bit more than most of my posts get in the wee hours of their first night.

Apparently, women's 1920's fashion is still a hot topic.

Trailblazing cartoonist and historian (sorry, herstorian) Trina Robinson passed away last Wednesday at the age of 85. I was privileged to hear her tell her story at the last two AAEC conventions. The Sunday Today show put together a nice "A Life Well Lived" segment eulogizing her. If you missed it, it's well worth a listen; although to be honest, it barely scratches the surface. There are more examples of her work at Daily Cartoonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment