Monday, April 3, 2023

This Week's Sneak Peek


I'm not giving anything away by revealing that the setting for this week's cartoon is a customer service area. You know the type: it's a waiting room stocked with old magazines that you would never think of reading, except that there's nothing else for you to keep from staring at the other customers because you've been waiting there so long your phone battery is low.

I didn't check to make sure that there isn't an actual Brakes magazine. I sure hope there isn't one. And now I've stunk up my chances of their ever commissioning a cartoon from me.

By the way, in case anyone was curious about the cartoon at the top of Saturday's post: yes, that was an actual cartoon drawn by Mr. Pat Oliphant.

It was not, of course, drawn for the Denver (DC) Star, however. You can find it in the late Gilda Radner's Roseanne Roseannadanna's "Hey, Get Back to Work!" Book (Long Shadow Books, 1982), where you'll also find cartoons drawn expressly for the book by Garry Trudeau and Al Hirschfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment