Monday, February 6, 2023

This Week's Sneak Peek

I'm still trying to figure out which of my posts Blogger told me last week that it is putting a trigger warning in front of. Saturday's post about Ku Klux Klan terrorism hadn't been posted yet; last week's sneak peek didn't have any racist or salacious material. 

I've visited my blog on various devices, and have yet to encounter that trigger warning, although the notice from Blogger is still atop my posting home page.

Could it have been something older? The nudes in Karl Arnold cartoons in the previous Saturday's discussion? They were tasteful enough for German readers in 1923. Athletes in the shower in some of my cartoons from years ago? I thought those were respectfully done. The few times I've drawn anyone in flagrante delicto, the cartoon has only shown it from the chest up or the thighs down.

Well, just about any given post in this here blog is bound to run afoul of the DeSantis Inquisition, Truth Social, Elon Musk, or the internet censors in China, Russia, Hungary, Poland, and much of Africa.

Thank goodness I'm not posting anything offensive this week.

2 comments:

  1. A few other bloggers I read have had similar warnings appear about older content, sometimes from years ago, if that is at all helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thought had occurred to me. Without Blogger pointing out which post out of the 2,479 I've written since 2009 it objects to, I don't have the patience to hunt it down, though. Seems to be it's incumbent on Blogger to be a little more specific about such things.

    ReplyDelete