Monday, August 15, 2022

This Week's Sneak Peek


Checking stats for this here blog this morning, I discovered that one of my cartoons comes up as the first illustration if one image-googles the word "metousiosis" (the Greek Orthodox equivalent of "transubstantiation," the Catholic teaching that the bread and wine literally become the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ during the eucharist).

I hope I have brightened the day of some seminary frosh somewhere.

Especially if I've now added the image at the top of this post to what will show up on Google in the future.

(Google's link is actually to the cartoon at PrideSource.com, not on my blog, so it's a mystery to me why the result shows up in this blog's stats. Like the miracle of Holy Communion, I'll have to accept that it's just something we are not meant to understand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment