Thursday, November 4, 2021

Q Toon: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

There is no deep socio-political message in this week's cartoon; I'm just trying to get ahead of at least one holiday this year for the sake of my newspapers that come out only once or twice a month.

I guess I'm becoming obsessed with food and diet, since I have apparently reached an age where everything I eat is trying to kill me.

I used to be a very finicky eater as a child; but once I grew up and moved out on my own, I quickly got bored with eating the same things day after day after week after month. There are still foods I don't care for, while on the other hand, I've discovered that maybe I shouldn't have judged so many vegetables by the canned or frozen ones.

So much of our holidays revolve around gathering the family around a dinner table or two (or five or eight). The more the merrier, because larger groups can eat cafeteria style, while it can be more of a challenge to accommodate the various preferences, practices and allergies of a dozen or so diners served from the head of the table.

The turkey has to be prepared kosher for Adam; it can't touch the stuffing because of Beth's celiac; Cooper will eat the succotash but only the corn; Delilah says she can't stand the smell of cooked animal flesh; and Eddie wants to know if we have anything for dessert without flour, sugars, or dairy in it?

Yikes! Can't we just talk politics?

No comments:

Post a Comment