Thursday, December 10, 2015

Q Toon: Christmas Spirit


To be perfectly frank, the news this week has been so scary and depressing that I was glad it was time to crank out a cartoon on a holiday theme. I just needed to lighten things up.

And since I overslept Monday morning, when I usually scan my ink drawing and do all the computer-generated adjustments, it was a good thing that I had the option of not going through the usual practice of creating the grayscale version of the cartoon and then starting over to create the color versions. (Coloring the cartoon and then converting it to grayscale often creates an unsatisfactory result: for example, vivid color areas turning dark.)

I apologize to my editors who were expecting something more LGBT-centric; I did try sketching out some gayer angles to the general idea here, but none of them appealed to me. I guess I'm settling for something for the old theatre queens this week -- those wonderful people out there in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment