Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Q Toon: Joe Biden


I spent a long time alternately scouring the internet for news and staring at a blank sheet of bristol board this weekend before coming up with this cartoon.

Christmas is usually a bad time to come up with cartoon ideas: governmental newsmakers have gone on vacation, and it's too late to draw any more cartoons about the holidays. Unless some terrorist tries to smuggle explosives in his underpants, we cartoonists are usually left with no other topic than the weather (wherefore all the cartoons remarking that the arrival of winter must ipso facto disprove global warming).

But at long last I found the story that Vice President Joe Biden had said in an interview on "Good Morning America,"
"I think the country's evolving, and I think there's an inevitability for a national consensus on gay marriage. That is my view. But this is the president's policy, but it is evolving. I think the country's evolving."
If there's anything we cartoonists love, it's politicians like Joe Biden, Ed Rendell, and, yes, Sarah Palin, who delight in saying out loud exactly what they think. Especially at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment