Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sketches from a Photo Album

For Swooshback Saturday today, I beg your forgiveness for some purely personal nostalgia. (It's my birthday, and I'm ready to rechercher some temps perdu, if you don't mind.)

Looking for something else the other day, I came across these sketches I had done back in college of a few of my friends at the time. They are all drawn from photographs. Sort of.
Nancy V. and Lynn J., from a photo taken at an off-campus Hallowe'en party. Nancy came dressed as an elderly woman, and Lynn  dressed up all formal.

John S., from just hanging around. These drawings are in Bic ballpoint pen on one sheet of newsprint, which accounts for the color.

Eli H. In the original photograph, he was dancing at the Rueb 'n' Stein. It's possible that 131 was his room number.

My junior year roommate, Marc P. If I remember correctly, someone sitting to his right had just attacked his holdings in a game of Risk. We did have a flood in our dorm that year, but not in our room on the second floor.

Marc died the following summer, but the rest of these people are still very much with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment