Monday, April 20, 2015

This Week's Sneak Peek

I read a letter to the editor highly critical of a cartoon I drew at the end of last year calling it confounding, stale and -- with thanks for providing the letter writer with a new vocabulary word -- execrable.

Now, "execrable" is a word I might very well have used in this blog, but I don't believe I've ever used it in a cartoon, so he must have found it elsewhere in the magazine.

As far as the cartoon in their February issue being stale, that's an occupational hazard for monthly publications, and the editors must have wanted the then two-month-old cartoon because it related to a feature article in the same issue. Which also would have been more a propos for the January issue if it hadn't gone to bed early so that everybody at the magazine could have Christmas and New Year's off.

I can only apologize that it was never my intent to confounding anyone, and I sincerely regret any persons who happened to be confounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment