GOProud advocates that gay and lesbian couples deserve tax cuts just like everybody else, and that gays and lesbians who want to serve in the military have a right to purchase glocks at gun shows.
Today, Pam's House Blend reports that GOProud has unveiled its legislative agenda for 2011. Aside from the explanation of their views of "Defending Our Constitution" and a couple other LGBT concerns which they try to piggyback onto major conservative issues, their agenda is nearly indistinguishable from that of the Republican Right's most virulent homophobes.
1 – TAX REFORM
– We support replacing the current tax code with the Fair Tax. Until then, we support death tax repeal; domestic partner tax equity; cuts in the capital gains and corporate tax rates to jump start our economy and create jobs; and a fairer, flatter and substantially simpler tax code.
2 – HEALTHCARE REFORM
– Free market healthcare reform. Allow for the purchase of insurance across state lines - expanding access to domestic partner benefits; emphasizing individual ownership of healthcare insurance – such a shift would prevent discriminatory practices by an employer or the government.
3 – SOCIAL SECURITY REFORM
– The only way to permanent solvency in the Social Security system is through the creation of inheritable personal savings accounts. Personal savings accounts would give gay and lesbian couples the same opportunity to leave their accounts to their spouse as their straight counterparts.
4 – RESPECTING THE PROPER ROLE OF THE JUDICIARY
5 – HOLDING THE LINE ON SPENDING
– Standing up for all tax payers against wasteful and unnecessary spending to protect future generations from the mounting federal debt.
6 – FIGHTING GLOBAL EXTREMISTS
– Standing strong against radical regimes that refuse to recognize the basic human rights of gays and lesbians, women and religious minorities.
7 – DEFENDING OUR CONSTITUTION
– Opposing any anti-gay federal marriage amendment. Marriage should be a question for the states. A federal constitutional amendment on marriage would be an unprecedented federal power grab from the states.
8 – ENCOURAGING COMMUNITY ENTREPRENEURSHIP
– Package of free market reforms to encourage and support small businesses and entrepreneurship. Such reforms would create jobs for all Americans – including gay Americans.
9 – REVITALIZING OUR COMMUNITIES
– A package of urban related reforms; expanding historic tax preservation credits; support for school choice.
10 – DEFENDING OUR COMMUNITY
– Protecting 2nd amendment rights.