Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fifth Grader Sings the Blues

In a departure from our usual habit of dredging up cartoons from 25, 35, 75 or 100 years ago, this week's Swingback Saturday hearkens all the way back to last week's Q Syndicate release.
Q Syndicate✒Sep 29, 2016
I was on vacation in Italy over the last two weeks, with an old iPad that doesn't block, copy and paste particularly reliably, and I didn't have the patience to type in the lengthy computer code for the AAEC thumbnail link.

As with this week's cartoon, this was a cartoon drawn before packing my suitcase, with fingers crossed that events wouldn't render either toon inappropriate in some way. Much as I would have loved to hold forth on the Clinton-Trump or Kaine-Pence so-called debates, my crystal ball was too cloudy to give me any ideas I could draw in confidence that Trump wouldn't turn out to be an eloquent statesman, or Kaine wouldn't come down with laryngitis.

In case someone out there has been jonesin' for another dose of 1916, here's a cartoon from about the time of that year's Republican convention that I didn't figure out how to include last July:
"Candidate Hughes Will Make His Campaign As Rooseveltian As Possible" by Wm. C. Morris for Harpers Weekly Independent, July 31, 1916

No comments:

Post a Comment