Saturday, October 13, 2012

Veep toon: Yakov Smirkov

EditorialCartoonists.com won't have this posted until tomorrow, but I thought I'd share a sketch from Thursday's vice presidential debate with you today:
I've already posted this cartoon on the Bergetoons Facebook page, where someone has kindly pointed out that Paul Ryan may be the only conservative who hasn't complained about Vice President Biden's condescending attitude throughout the debate. Fair enough. I drew this sketch during the debate and then decided to impose a cartoon on it, adding caption balloons and swapping out the suits and ties for children's clothing.

Frankly, I had been hoping that Biden's having gotten ahead of the President on marriage equality, or perhaps ending Don't Ask, Don't Tell would come up in the debate so that I'd have something to draw for Q Syndicate, but I guess I'll have to come up with another topic for that cartoon this week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment